We value the privacy of our customers and are committed to ensuring their privacy.
In order to achieve this commitment to privacy, we will comply with the Act and the APPs set out in the Act. You can view the APPs online at the Australian Government website for the Office of the Australian Information Centre at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/
This policy sets out how we collect, use and hold your personal information and how you can make an inquiry or complaint regarding our compliance with the APPs or any information which we hold.
You may at any time withdraw your consent by informing us in writing. If you withdraw consent (as you are entitled to do), it might mean that we are unable to provide you with the goods or services you want.
3. Information we collect and hold
We may collect personal information and sensitive information from you.
Personal information is defined by the Act as “information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
Personal information that we may collect and hold includes personal information where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Personal information collected may include:
• your personal details such as your name, gender, date of birth, and, address;
• your contact details;
• records of communication between us and you;
• usage information and other information disclosed by you; and/or
• credit card information.
4. How we collect and hold your personal information
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• written forms (including order forms, quote request forms and credit applications);
• when you send us an email, letter or fax;
• when you contact us over the phone, via your mobile or other messaging technology;
• when a purchase or refund is made;
• when you visit our website or submit an email address to our website mailing list;
• when you apply for a job or make an employment related query; and
• in person.
We may hold your information in computer systems, electronic form, digital records, telephone recordings or in paper files.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If your information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will destroy it and/or ensure that the information is de-identified.
5. Purposes of collection
We collect personal information to:
• provide our customers with the goods or services they request;
• Administer our relationships with customers including providing after-sales service; and
• provide our customers, unless they tell us not to, with marketing information about other products or promotions.
We may also use personal information to:
• monitor and evaluate goods and services;
• use for statistical purposes;
• assist customers with queries;
• assess your credit application with us; and
• assess your application for employment with us (where applicable).
In the event that we are not provided with the information we require, we may not be able to process your request for services, employment or any other request you may make to us.
We also need to give information to other people in order to give you goods and services. For example drivers need to know delivery details.
We may undertake advertising, promotional marketing material or mail out newsletters, price lists or other materials that you would reasonably expect us to do, in order to keep you up to date and maintain our relationship. You will always be able to let us know that you do not want to receive such information, or you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you may do so by either contacting us by phone or by email or simply by logging in to your account on our website and Click “NO” to Newsletter Subscription.
If at any time you do not consent to any of the above uses of your information, please let us know.
6. Access and correction
You may request access to the information we keep about you by contacting:
The Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Alternatively you can send your request by post addressed to:
The Privacy Officer, Head Office, PO BOX 904 Flagstaff Hill, South Australia 5033
We will provide such access unless:
• giving access would be unlawful;
• denying access is required/authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
• giving access would prejudice any enforcement related activities.
We will respond to your request within 14 days. In the event that we refuse your request, we will provide you with written notice setting out our reason(s) for refusal.
In the event that we become aware that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take such steps as are reasonable to correct the information.
We will provide you with written notice of any such correction as soon as possible.
7. Overseas recipients
We do not operate overseas. However if we do disclose personal information to an overseas recipient we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs, unless:
• the overseas recipient is subject to similar laws to the APPs and the individual has mechanisms to take action against the overseas recipient;
• we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary or authorised by Australian law; or
• the relevant individual provided express consent to the disclosure.
When an individual visits one of our websites, we may collect information such as browser type, operating system and details of the website visited immediately before coming to our website. This information is used in an aggregated manner to assess how individuals use our website so that we can improve our service.
9. Website Security
Your online account information will be protected through login and password (you can change your password any time) and will be kept in the database. No one will be able to access your information. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
You have the right to know at any time what information that we hold about you, and to request that this information be destroyed or changed. You can edit your personal information at any time by logging in.
10. Complaint process
Should you have any complaints in respect of our handing of your credit information or credit eligibility information, we require that you follow the process below:
10.1. Contact the Head Office
10.1.1. by email addressed to the Privacy Officer, at [email protected]; or
10.1.2. alternatively you can send your request by post addressed to: The Privacy Officer, Head Office, PO Box 904, Flagstaff Hill, South Australia 5033
10.2. Ensure your correspondence clearly sets out the nature of your complaint;
10.3. We will, within 7 days of receiving the complaint, provide you with a written response acknowledging the complaint and setting out how we propose to deal with it;
10.4. We will then investigate the complaint; and
10.5. We will then, within 30 days of the date of your complaint or such longer period as agreed by you in writing, provide you with the outcome of our investigation in writing.
11. Direct Marketing
We occasionally use your personal information to notify you about other products or promotions offered by us or one of our related entities. You can ask not to receive such information by:
• ticking the “opt-out” box on the form we ask you to sign when you order from us or you can tell our staff member at any time you place your phone, email or fax order;
• logging in to your account on our website and clicking “NO” to Newsletter Subscription;
• contacting us directly at any time.